Posted on 10, Mar 2018
Call for Applications – The Feminist Memory Project – Research Fellowships
Nepal Picture Library calls for applications for two research fellowship positions for The Feminist Memory Project.
The Feminist Memory Project seeks to create a visual archive of women’s movements in Nepal. The project will gather archival photographs, other documents and oral histories from around Nepal that capture women in pivotal moments of Nepali history, consolidating contributions made by pioneering figures who remain marginalized in our male dominated historiographies. The material archived will be used to create curriculum that will engage schools and colleges to encourage Nepali youth to unearth and archive their own family histories, placing their mothers, grandmothers, sisters and aunts at the center of their inquiries. The material will be exhibited at the third edition of Photo Kathmandu from 12 Oct – 16 Nov 2018 and published in various forms.
April/May/June 2018: Field work + Research
July 2018: Editing + Digitization
- Position is open to candidates who identify as women only.
- Candidates should speak, read and write Nepali.
- Candidates should have minimum 2-3 years experience and long-term passion in working in the areas of gender and feminism.
- Candidates must be willing to travel across Nepal and network for Nepal Picture Library.
- Experience or interest in working with visual material, oral history, curriculum development, and public history will be added strengths.
FELLOWSHIP + SUPPORT
- Fellows will receive a grant of NRs. 1,00,000 for a 4-month period.
- Fellows will be provided an additional travel stipend of NRs. 50,000.
- Fellows will have access to the complete archive at Nepal Picture Library (70,000+ images) and its wider professional networks.
- Fellows will have support to fully digitize collected material and use equipment including scanners, computers and audio recorders at Nepal Picture Library.
- The Nepal Picture Library team and Photo Kathmandu curators will provide support throughout fellowship period.
- Please submit an updated CV and a one-page statement of motivation that explains why you are interested in this fellowship to [email protected]
- Applicants are also invited to submit samples of previous project outcomes.
Application deadline 23rd March 2018.